Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Relocation

It has been a long pause for my blog as I had relocated to San Jose, CA. It is sad that I have to leave my family & friends, BSM, my Guitars, my bike...just about everything in India...but something which is exciting is that I am in a new world of music and have access to a lot of different styles here :) Surely something to cheer about...

Well I didn't waste much time in thinking about my music plans here. I planned to join Flamenco Guitar classes. (And also that loooong time dream to buy an American Fender Stratocaster!) We don't have Flamenco Schools back in India. So it is like an opportunity for me now. I searched in the net and came to know about 'The Flamenco Society of San Jose'. I was thrilled and mailed them at once to find out about the Guitar classes. I was too excited and searched how to reach there too using Google Maps.

But my celebrations had to wait :( I got a reply yesterday that the Flamenco instructor had to give up teaching there and they are in process of finding another instructor. I hope they will find one soon. Anyway it has been only a week since I came here. So I too will take some time to settle and be done with all other stuff meanwhile. I hope by that time, the classes can be ready. I am also trying other pointers too. Wish I would soon get into one :) Will keep posting about the new things.

11 comments:

Raj said...

Sorry i was on long vacation and hence this delay in responding .
Very good to hear that you have relocated to sjc ! btw i'm also on a business trip :) and today i just landed in sfo . currently staying in mountain view.. my office is at santa clara.. i will be here for next 2 weeks . will be returning back to bangalore then.

Suresh Kota said...

oh thats cool! My office is in Milpitas..Hmm if ur stay was a bit longer, may be I could hav seen you at the classes I suppose :) Anyway all the best!

Raj said...

btw, please keep updating the progress ..thx!

Suresh Kota said...

Thats gud Rajesh...I purchased 'El Arte Flamenco de la Guitarra' by Juan Martin from US last year...That is also a good beginner book. And I also got 'Gerhard Graf Martinez' book and audio (no video) recently from my previous Guitar teacher...In case u want, I can share that with you..so that you can buy something else...Pls let me know..And I am planning to buy Yamaha CG171SF...saw many reviews that it is a pretty gud beginner Flamenco Guitar...Will post more on it, once I finalize...byee

Raj said...

good that you are buying a flamenco guitar .. yamaha CG71SF seems to have a solid wood on top .. that means as years pass by, guitar tone will improve. put some videos after you buy :)

when i came last year, i brought a guitar from musiciansfriend.com . i visited guitarcenter Stevens Creek Blv. its a monster store full of instruments. may be you know that already.

btw i was more interested in the DVD instruction of graf martinez . i hope it will be good buy

Suresh Kota said...

yes I have seen the place too while going on that way...I am planning to go there soon and check out this Guitar...Once I get a hang of it, will surely upload into youtube :)

And yes the Graf Martinez DVD would be a good buy...Also check out this website for videos on the techniques..U might have already visited it...
http://www.nylonguitarist.com/
I've learnt all the basic techniques like Rasgueado, Picado, Tremolo all from here only...very nice site...
All the best :) and you too keep uploading your videos ...

Raj said...

oh yeah , nylonguitarist.com , he is very cool . he has tabs too.
i have almost gotten his "angie" song. the first thing i will do after reaching india is i will post a reply to his video :)

Suresh Kota said...

thats cool :) Angie is a nice one...I'll look fwd to ur video then :) Keep me updated..

Raj said...

at some time you must plan to visit this restaurant 'Picasso tapas' in san jose. i realized that they have flamenco guitar shows at some days.
http://www.sfflamenco.com/pages/nightlife.html
http://www.picassostapas.com/

what a late realization :( since i'm leaving this friday

Suresh Kota said...

ohh :( too late for u...Anyway thanks a lot for the info will surely check it out some time and keep u updated:) ..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.