Monday, September 13, 2010

Idol Competitions!

Yeah....lots of Idol competitions these days at office :) One for our buildings, one for department...may be in the days to come.. a Company Idol! Great fun atmosphere in all them :) We have audience polls, judges opinions etc :)...but the good part is that the judges go easy on the contestants and not like the reality shows on TRP hungry TV channels :) We have loads of support and encouragement.



Couldn't participate in the first event, but played our own composition 'Search' at the prize distribution event...Tuning Folk was incomplete without our lead singer Srinath of course :) But me and Sarang managed the vocals somehow. Himesh played the bass. Sarang on vocals/rhythm Guitar and me on vocals and lead.

Today there was a department wide Idol competition...almost 50 contestants totally and as one can expect, more than half were singers....So I thought no point in singing as there are way better singers than me there.....I played an instrumental version of Muqabla song by A R Rahman! Had a drum machine in the processor, then added some whistles and distortion effects to the Guitar to make the whole song less boring/monotonous...Will try to upload the song into the blog.

Btw I also called up some of my friends for the votes he he :) And one of the judges was Sai, my batch mate/room mate from training days!

No comments: