Sunday, June 8, 2008

First Class


That was the photo of the small teaching studio. Had my first class and it was about the posture, right hand and left hand basics. As expected, I needed some adjustments to my right hand and left hand positioning. Will be putting them in the coming posts. I was very happy with the class as all my doubts regarding my posture & fingering were answered and corrections were identified. It is a bit difficult to change the techniques that we might have built up during the course of time. But nevertheless, I have started working on the new posture and looks like I am coping with it soon.

The correct right and left hand techniques are very important in the long term. Not only one can attain good speed and economic movement but it also helps in reducing the chances of getting Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI). Musicians and people working on Computers are vulnerable to it. Visit the following page from the blog of my friend Dr Gopichand for some useful info on RSI.

http://drgopichand.blogspot.com/2007/11/repititive-stress-injuries.html

4 comments:

ప్రసాద్ said...

hey kota,
good start man, i remember the number guys done in the college for the IEEE program ... we are looking forward for another one from u all guys ...

do well

cheers
Prasad

Suresh Kota said...

Thanks Prasad...Sure..I hope to make more of those!

Kiran Kumar Palla said...

Good start. That inspires me as well. I ll start taking it seriously once I settle down. Keep the momentum going !!

Suresh Kota said...

Thanks babai...All the best for ur Piano too!