Friday, June 6, 2008

Waitlist to Enrollment

I've been to the BSM (Bangalore School of Music) the other day for enrollment. That was my 4th visit. Waitlist to enrollment took long time...We need to submit a form with our details initially and then they would assign us to some faculty. But as the number of prospective students keeps growing day-by-day, I came to know that there is a huge waiting list for Guitar almost running into hundreds! Blame it on the film-stars and rock-stars for popularizing Guitar?

Just for the information - I submitted my form in Feb and got the admission now in June. I visited a couple of times in between to check if any slots were available. Since I'm working, I said I would be able to come only on weekends and that caused a bit more delay. The School is in RT Nagar and to go from Electronics City to RT Nagar after office is something which is next to impossible on a weekday. So finally I got my slots on Saturdays, starting from tomorrow. It is a one-hour class and 4 classes per month. And there are different courses which we can register to - Group/Individual. I've registered to Individual Course since I am not an absolute beginner to Guitar. But I'm a beginner in reading music notation.

The Guitar method at BSM is only Western Classical. We need to have the Classical Guitar (Nylon-Stringed) for it. And reading notation is taught. Learning to read the music notation and playing along would be something new and tough for me. All these days I am used to play with tabs or listening by the ear. More on the Notation and Classical Guitar once I start the classes.

Website of The Bangalore School of Music - www.thebsm.org

No comments: